Feb 27, 2012

Salty Naked Soap Bars!!

So I thought I'd take a stab at a popular type of natural soap, the sea salt bar. 

Salt soap bars are gently exfoliating and sea salt has many minerals like magnesium, zinc,calcium, potassium, and iodine. So it can be also quite nourishing to the skin. Salt is relaxing to the muscles as well as both cleansing and detoxifying. Sea salt soap bars just make for an overall refreshing bath. Perfect for treating yourself to an in the shower spa treatment. 


Salty Green Tea Soap Bars
Salty Green Tea & Lime Salt bars with Lime & Litsea Cubeba Essential oil. Green Tea Powder gives them the  most adorable speckled color. The smell and texture remind me of the beach. 


Salty Ylang & Peel  Bar
I was definitely on a salt & citrus kick with these salt bars. For the second sea salt bar I blended Ylang Ylang, Sweet Orange, & Tangerine Citrus essential oils. Then I mixed in some ground orange peel for some more citrus scent and some yellow color. Very cute and smell so fresh and clean!




I can not wait to try these bars myself and of course to begin offering them to my customers. It was very exciting to make the salt bars. They set up amazingly quick and were "rock solid" in a matter of hours. Even with the quick set up they will still need about 8 weeks of cure time. I have even read that some soap makers cure their salt soap bars for 3 to 4 months. I'll do a test at the 8 week mark to check them out. Keep checking the Buy a Bar Page for them to be listed once they have fully cured.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search

Cardstore Link

Sympathy Cards