Oct 19, 2011

Mmmm, Smells like Christmas


Hi everyone! I am working on my Christmas themed soap bars early this year. The holidays come and go so quick that I believe it's worth it to start preparing for them as early as possible. Really folks, I am about to break out my Christmas Tree and decorations. Just joking! :)
During Christmas time we celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ. The story in the Bible tells of the three wise men who brought the baby Jesus gifts of Gold, Frankincense, and Myrrh.
Frankincense & Myrrh

Why would the three wise men bring Jesus frankincense and myrrh? Frankincense and myrrh were extremely expensive resins which were used as both medicine, and as Holy anointing oils. Myrrh is mentioned more in the Bible than any other aromatic essential oil. The wise men brought gifts to the baby Jesus which were considered Gifts Fit For a King.


The Gifts Bar
A traditional Christmas scent Frankincense and Myrrh is delightful to the senses. This fragrance is a rich combination of olibanum, myrrh, patchouli, herbaceous woodsy pine, sheer musk, vanilla, and floral lilac notes.

I am offering these bars in a choice of 5-6 oz bars or larger 7-8 ounce bars.

These bars on cured and ready to go. Check them out on the Buy a Bar page!





Over the next few weeks I will be working on a lineup for the holiday season. Here are a few fragrance ideas that I have brewing in the Soap Shoppe in my head!

I like to give each of my soaps a unique & funky name. It makes them memorable. So, if anyone has any good soap name ideas please comment on this post! Okay, here's what's I've got so far....
Pomander Bar (Orange & Clove)



Santa's Cookies Bar

Figgy Pudding Bar (Brown Sugar & Figs)

Yum, It's Bay Rum Bar


     I try to give each soap a unique & funky name. This makes them more memorable. If anyone has any good ideas for soap names please comment on this post! Thanks in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search

Cardstore Link

Sympathy Cards